fish keeping abuse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawyers.... Hmmm... What if we could bring a fish abuse law into place, like the ones for dogs? I think it would be worth a try, if anything just to get publicity and show people that fosh aren't decorations but enjoyable, lovable, just unhuggable pets.

What makes me sad is going into petstores and seeing dying/dead fish.... :(

I want to rescue the sick ones and nurse them back to health.

For most of us it's a hobby to take care of them, but at the pet stores...It's their job!
I know it's difficult with the numbers of fish, the stocking restrictions, and even just the natural percentages of those that live or die....but it's still sad.

Sadly, the laws we have in place in North America to protect animals are very rarely enforced, and often not until it's too late for the animals in question. At most, the guilty party receives a laughable jail sentence (less than 60 days) or more commonly, a fine.

OP, why don't you just go trap some wild animals and cage them? They're free! You could just keep them until they starve to death and then replace them with new ones once you're bored with the corpses. You won't even have to pay for food that way! There's entertainment value for your money! That's what this is about, right?

Honestly, where do you draw the line? You can't put a 'value' on a living, feeling thing - least of all for personal entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom