Fish/Parasite ID help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jennandjuicetm

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have any idea what the heck this is? It was swimming around in a LFS tank and I asked what it was. The manager had no idea, but said that it came in with a shipment of fish today. He said I could have it for free to save him the hassle of trying to figure out what it is. It's about 3-3.5" long, has fins and is about as thin as wet yarn LoL. I watched it bury itself in sand when he was trying to catch it. Would info about what fish it came in with and from what state help? I didn't get that info but I can call tomorrow and ask. It isn't going in a tank with any other fish. For now it is going in a 2 gallon jar I have with some java moss and a heater. I will upload a video as well.

Attachments

• WP_20141015_22_05_57_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141015_22_05_57_Pro.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 87
  • WP_20141015_22_06_12_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141015_22_06_12_Pro.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 86
  • WP_20141015_22_06_25_Pro.jpg
    WP_20141015_22_06_25_Pro.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 85
Someone suggested that it may be an eel, specifically a grass eel. I can't find anything about grass eels, only eel grass. Lol

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It does look like a spaghetti eel, how can I know for sure?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's known as a glass eel I have them they love to go under gravel during when lights are on and come out most of time at lights out their cool eels

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

What temperature should it be at? Right now he's bare bottomed so I think I need to get some sand for him. Is what I'm reading correct - that they are brackish later in life? He isn't eating any of the live blood worms and wouldn't eat the frozen brine shrimp I gave him . The worms are mostly hiding under a piece of PVC, though, so maybe he can't find them.

I feed mine with other eels that are in tank with him they are tire track eels, fire eels they all eat tubifex and freezed dried blood worms and even seen them eat my flakes to. They usually come out to my hand when giving blood worms. I've had mine for about a year glass eel in fresh water and no problems. But sand they need and like to burrow down in and depending what other fish you have in their they will hide from underground

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom