Fish problems? How to cure it? Video attached.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyBusiness

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My rainbowfish has been like this for a couple days now and I just don't know what's wrong with him. My parameters are excellent, (trates appx 30), WC due tomorrow. Not overstocked, no aggression whatsoever. 90 gallon with 2 AC 110's. Any ideas? Only thing that's changed is adding live plants over the last couple weeks. Other than that, i just don't know. He's by far my most colorful rainbow and I don't want to loose him! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Swim bladder? - YouTube

Your Tank

Hello Fishy...

There's nothing that large, frequent water changes won't help. 90 Gs is a lot of tank water, but half of it should be changed every two weeks at the minimum. Any longer between water changes and if you have a decent number of fish in there, the water chemistry can go south relatively quickly and stress the fish.

Adding floating plants will help moreso than others. Floaters take in a lot of nutrients through their leaves and will keep the tank water a bit cleaner. I prefer Hornwort, but Brazilian water weed and Pennywort are good too.

Change a lot of tank water and change it often and you'll eliminate most if not all your tank problems.

B

Hello Fishy...

There's nothing that large, frequent water changes won't help. 90 Gs is a lot of tank water, but half of it should be changed every two weeks at the minimum. Any longer between water changes and if you have a decent number of fish in there, the water chemistry can go south relatively quickly and stress the fish.

Adding floating plants will help moreso than others. Floaters take in a lot of nutrients through their leaves and will keep the tank water a bit cleaner. I prefer Hornwort, but Brazilian water weed and Pennywort are good too.

Change a lot of tank water and change it often and you'll eliminate most if not all your tank problems.

B

It is a lot of water lol! I am diligent on water changes. I do 50-70% every week. Even if low nitrates. And I have 2 types of floating plants, frogbit and water lettuce... :)

Back
Top Bottom