Fish that should come with WARNING stickers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jarred Darque said:
Which is why I dont think the gov't should be involved at all.

I was making that statement toward your idea of hiring people to check up on fish keepers to hand out fines and such.

Exactly, which I believe I stated shouldnt be done either, but it would be an alternative, it wasx being used to show how ridiculous this entire conversation is.

In all honesty, it should be treated how it is right now. The gov't does not actively participate in teh sale or keeping of animals, in only comes into play when complaints are filed by other citizens, this way money is not spent on actively seeking people breaking humane or ethical treatment laws, but is simply spent on following up on complaints, which is much cheaper, and avoids even the disgusitng idea of actually banning fish from public purchase

WORD! i think that people who are intrested in fish are generally capable and aware of the responsibility in taking care of them, and though some fish my die from lack of knowledge on the owners part, people learn to do differently and i deffinately agree that fish should not be banned from the public, that would be crap

Where I live, there are several LFSs. From the Mom-N-Pop stores to the large chains. What I cant figure out is why not one of them offers a free (or cheap anyway) class every few weeks on the basics of the hobby. Educating the customer, even a little, would be beneficial to the store as well as to the customer and the fish. Maybe then, some of the "warning" fish wouldnt lead horrible lives or die from the hands of uninformed buyers.

Maybe it's asking too much. And maybe it's been tried before. I dont know. But it seems like something that, those of you that work for LFSs, could ask your management about. An hour long class once or twice a month would be a good idea, IMO. I would go, even having learned what I have already. It's just a thought. Would it hurt?

Ketso said:
Where I live, there are several LFSs. From the Mom-N-Pop stores to the large chains. What I cant figure out is why not one of them offers a free (or cheap anyway) class every few weeks on the basics of the hobby. Educating the customer, even a little, would be beneficial to the store as well as to the customer and the fish. Maybe then, some of the "warning" fish wouldnt lead horrible lives or die from the hands of uninformed buyers.

Maybe it's asking too much. And maybe it's been tried before. I dont know. But it seems like something that, those of you that work for LFSs, could ask your management about. An hour long class once or twice a month would be a good idea, IMO. I would go, even having learned what I have already. It's just a thought. Would it hurt?

You know something...the petco i work at offers said class. Only they dont advertise it. See each store has to come up with some original idea to offer to the public...its a corporate requirement. Only my manager does not advertise so the store gets its credentials but it doesn't actually happen.

hamburgler said:
Ketso said:

You know something...the petco i work at offers said class. Only they dont advertise it. See each store has to come up with some original idea to offer to the public...its a corporate requirement. Only my manager does not advertise so the store gets its credentials but it doesn't actually happen.
I guess there are those that would rather not be bothered with it. The human condition plays into it allot, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom