Fish waste .. what to do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JcSparky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a certain corner of my 75 gallon tank where fish waste seems to congregate in a short amount of time. I currently have an AquaClear 110 filter running on the other side of the tank from where this fish waste congregates. I do have a couple of air stones running in the tank, even near the congregated fish waste. Short of vacuuming the tank more often (already do it several times a month), what are my options for keeping this corner of my tank cleaner?

I was assuming adding a power head or even a canister filter for better water circulation, but wanted forum input before I started heading down the wrong path to finding a resolution.

Thanks in advance.

I have the same issue in one of my tanks. I have a power head in there to help the flow but it still piles up. I just go in more often with the vac and suck it up when it starts to accumulate. I'd like to know if anyone else has any ideas to help with this?

You could get a power head aimed at that spot to circulate, but with only a AC110 on a 75 gallon tank, another filter i a better idea.
You could go with another AC110, or look at Aquatop CF300 or CF400 for cheap canisters. I'd go with the canister.

I use my brine shrimp net to clear some of it out so it doesn't look too bad. Other than that I got nothin.

Thanks for the input all.

I've actually got an Aqueon QuietFlow 55/75 laying around so I'll plug it up on the other side of the tank and see what I get.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom