Fishing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kondoe

Aquarium Advice Activist
are there any fisherman here on AA. If you like fishing let us know what type of fishing you do, and tell us about some of your catches :)

I'm not very experienced in Fishing but i love it. i prefer fishing inland on lakes for carp and catfish. i recently went on holiday to thailand and done some amazing fishing there. i caught piranha Mekong catfish and Red tail catfish.
Where i live there are no local places for freshwater fishing but im 5 mins away from the sea, so i've recently started sea fishing only caught a few sea bass and some other small fish of which i don't know the english names :)

I'm a fisherman. I'll fish for whatever is biting, but I generally prefer to throw lures for bass, salmon, and other gamefish. Coho salmon should be showing up in the Lake Michigan harbors in a few weeks! I have to get my new rod strung up for it.

Big time fisherman here!! I fish for anything thats biting but Im big into salt water. Strippers, fluke, and my 2 fav's tuna and shark. Getting the boat ready as we speak should be in the water by the end of the month. Also learned this winter how to tie my own fishing rods so now Im getting into custom rods for family and friends, not to mention a few for myself ;)

Big time fisherman here!! I fish for anything thats biting but Im big into salt water. Strippers, fluke, and my 2 fav's tuna and shark. Getting the boat ready as we speak should be in the water by the end of the month. Also learned this winter how to tie my own fishing rods so now Im getting into custom rods for family and friends, not to mention a few for myself ;)

i've only just started sea fishing but a few of my friends fish for tuna here. hopefully ill be able to go with a few of them next time they go. sounds like alot of fun :) alot of locals here also fish for Akya (not sure what the english is for this fish i'll google it and see if i can find it) looks like a very nice catch :)

Redfish and snook!!!! Gotta love Florida fishing. Don't feel like getting all geared up, just grab a rod and your favorite lure, walk to the closest canal, lake, or retention pond (there's something within 500ft of any house here in Florida.), and hit up the bass!!!

Redfish and snook!!!! Gotta love Florida fishing. Don't feel like getting all geared up, just grab a rod and your favorite lure, walk to the closest canal, lake, or retention pond (there's something within 500ft of any house here in Florida.), and hit up the bass!!!

wow sounds great to be in florida :) im in ÖlÜdeniz, Turkey. alot of sea fishing but not much freshwater fishing. :)

I like going out of clearwater for king fish, or spanish macs, whatever I can get. Caught a barracuda last time, haha.

I wanna go down to south america and go Peacock Bass fishing, I have 3 right now that Ive had for about 2 months they were around 1.5" when I purchased and 1 is already about 4",twice the size of the other 2. There growth rate is crazy and there really nicely colored. Could only imagine what 1 of those guys full grown would be like in the wild. I hear florida has them too though been looking into them for sometime now really want to go fishing for them.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

Kondoe said:
wow sounds great to be in florida :) im in ÖlÜdeniz, Turkey. alot of sea fishing but not much freshwater fishing. :)

I goggled Olu deniz Turkey, and all I can say is WOW! How could you not be into fishing in a place like that, the water looks amazing. Saw a pretty nice resort advertized too.

I have been to Marmaris in Turkey twice, really nice place once we went out fishing it was my first time more for fun dont know the names of the ones we caught.

I like to fish smallmouth, largemouth, stripers, catfish, bluegill, crappie, muskie, and the occasional trip to the beach will land me out on a shark or marlin trip. I have fished a lot of bass and muskie tournaments on a lake nearby. We also have one of the very best striper lakes in the country.

I wouldn't be considered a fisherman, but I go fishing on like vacations though! Like when I went to Honduras my cousins and I went deep sea fishing! At the time I was 8. I caught a barracuda! :) You should of saw an eight year old reeling in a barracuda. :)

-Dylan

I fish normally white bass, stripers, crappie and cats in FW and Red fish, specks, and whatever's alive in SW.

How bigs the average striper in FW? What's the size limit on them? I've never caught 1 in FW but I know they get pretty big there too, just curious. SW man myself

Limit in texas is 18" (If I recall correctly) and the biggest one I got was 22" out a land locked lake. Most of them in the lake are white bass/striper hybrids though.

I was gonna ask if they were they hybrids but still that's a nice size fish. The limit here in NY for SW striper is 30", the biggest I've caught was 41" in Moriches Inlet last may. I've caught a 27" fluke before too, was like reeling in a 15lb doormate. Biggest fish I've ever caught was a 600lbs blue shark, 60miles out of Moriches Inlet took second place in a tour. I was the youngest angeler, thought that was pretty cool can't wait to go again this summer.

i fish the hillsborough river here. mostly bluegill and small bass
then i could go fishing off the sunshine skyway pier and catch grunt and triggers

I goggled Olu deniz Turkey, and all I can say is WOW! How could you not be into fishing in a place like that, the water looks amazing. Saw a pretty nice resort advertized too.

:) i am into fishing but im very new to saltwater fishing i usually do freshwater fishing. but on that note i was fishing today only caught 1 grey mullet :)

in about 2 months fishing here is supposed to get really good at the moment getting alot of wind:)

Back
Top Bottom