Flame angel food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lordviporscorpi

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just got a Flame angel in my aquarium. i droped in some food and he didnt eat it. Should i feed him anything special.

Depends on what food you dropped in :wink: . Dwarf angels will not always eat right away once placed in a new home and will take time to adjust. One of the main reasons it is suggested to ensure the fish is eating prior to purchase. If the angel is newly caught, it may take a week or two before it settles into the "tank life" routine.

A mixture of fortified foods are best, mysis, herbavor foods, clam meat, sponge and such. Mine generally will not eat anything except spurlina flakes. It completely inores everything else including the meaty foods. Best suggestion is keep altering the foods daily until the angel finds something it likes. Do not increase the feeding throughout the day in hopes of doing this, stick to your normal feeding times and amounts or it will just affect water quality. In time it will adjust unless it was <<cyanide caught>>, then that would be a whole different issue....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom