Flame Angel vs Coral Beauty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
Need some insight as to one over the other... I am aware they're both "with caution", other than that what are your experiences? Thanks...

Flame Angels are one of my favorites. I have one now in my reef and have had them before without any nipping of corals. Can be a little bossy though. Never kept the Coral Beauty before.

How bossy is bossy? I have a lot of nano fish, I don't want any issues...

I've had both. Flame never really bothered anyone. Plus their color is very striking great fish

I don't have any personal experience with the flame angel, but from what I've read from a lot of different places is that to help keep some of the aggression down with them, you should add them to your tank very last so it won't have any "newbies" to pick on. Other than that you should be alright

I think with most dwarf angels, the aggressiveness depends on luck (some are just more mellow than others), tank mates and size of tank. They are sometimes territorial.

I had one a while ago (Flame angel) that decided the middle area in the 120 g tank was his/hers. Any fish cruising through the area would grab its attention and get a quick chase. Nothing too bad though. More recently had an Eibli angel in a 75g that just did its own thing and left everyone alone. Both of those tanks had fish where, other than Chromis, the dwarf angel was the smallest.

Back
Top Bottom