Flatworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggy953

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was having a close look at my fuge this morning and I found 5 flatworms on the glass. I've never had a problem with them before but I guess it is my turn to start. Any suggestions???

Thanks for the article Mike! I've read that one before....the worms I have found (and sucked out of my tank) are these

Attachments

• clear_flatworm_tb_197.jpg
    clear_flatworm_tb_197.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 225
As far as I know (simply from what I've read on the subject, never had any first hand experience) as that those flatworms are sorta common and NOT a nuisance if you control nutrients in your tank.

Ziggy those are ok to have... The red/rust ones can take over a tank. My 55 was taken over with the red ones and I now have a mandarine and 6 line working on them. I have not seen the fish eat any yet, but I have not had any on the glass sense adding the fish. I used to have them on the glass every day.. I still have them on the lr but the numbers seem lower?? Its hard to tell when you have about 1000 of the little SOB

Thanks for the input! I just wanted to check, I sucked a lot of them out yesterday. I haven't seen any in my main tank but I'm sure they are there. All the ones I removed were in my fuge. Maybe that is a good place for them.

Again thanks!

Back
Top Bottom