Flower photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Beautiful! I love tulips.
I planted some last year, and while they came up.... none bloomed....
I dont know whats up with that.

cJw said:
This is called 'Trillium' and it likes shady, woody areas; it grew everywhere in the woods by my childhood home and it's one of my all-time favs. :D

Sweet!! Thanks!

here is another springtime visitor. I am pretty sure its the Giant house spider, Tegenaria gigantea, a cousin of the Hobo spider (of which we have oh so many) I tried to kill it, but this guy was FAST. I guess they eat Hobo spiders though so thats good.

Ohhh, how cool. We had a large brown spider outside our back door last year and my husband had it spoiled. He would catch moths and such at night and toss them in the web. She would tear after them. That spider got huge over the summer. I have pics of it somewhere...... lol Nice pic Meredith. :D

I do that with our spiders too... Its neat watching them.
My husband thinks Im nuts... he also just shakes his head when Im outside after it rains and am picking up earthworms that found themselves on my driveway, and throwing them in the flower beds. Dont want them drying up....
We also have toads that I feed moths to also... I love watching them eat.

Our yard seems to be devoid of life, except for the squirrels, birds, and the occasional 'worm. No cuhl stuff, like toads, snakes, big spiders w/ funnel webs. :pout:

We do have a veg garden now, though. :beams with sweaty pride:

img_402978_0_c69ae9403125a106870a1644da0ff0b2.jpg

That looks great! I just got my beans and pumpkins in the ground. I started them a month or so ago. I wish I had the space to plant more. (and the sun)

Well my columbine have opened, and a few of my roses :multi: :multi:
I will take pics of the rose bushes when they are in full bloom.

Woot! I spotted our first tomato last night on our potted cherry tomato plant we keep on our deck. . .

15765384_07b81428f9.jpg

Gotta love teh macro! For and idea of scale, this little guy's not quite half an inch tall. :)

:multi:
YEAH!!! Maters!

I still dont have any roses, but the plants are growing like crazy. and I just planted three more bushes. My clematis is taking over my mail box, and the dwarf irises are just opening up... Its the end of May, and spring is just barely here weather wise. Im having to wear a sweater and jeans, and Im still cold. Although today looks to be a bit better. We had better have at least a long summer!

Our clematis isn't doing too well; we had our first plant die in it's first year, and the second plant survived last year and bloomed a single flower. This year, it's grown quite a bit, but now some of the leaves and a few entire branches are just going brown. :| We're wondering if it's not a bad spot for it. :p

We've roses galore here in Kentucky; the iris have finished their show and peonies are on their way out, and we just had some beardless iris surprise us w/ their blooms. I'm still waiting patiently for the lillies - my blackberry lillies are my fav. :D

bblily.jpg

(blackberry lily)

I'll try to get a new pic of the garden (all sorts of things going on in there now!) up. ;)

cJw, do you have anything planted at the base of the Clematis? They like to have their roots shaded, try Hostas. As far as leaf spots, are you watering it too much? What about the soil? Clematis like good soil, but not too rich. They will grow in clay, but tend to be a little stunted. Just give it lots of love this year, cut back the dead wood, and I bet it will bounce back next year.

My clematis is growing about 2-3 inches a day now. Its getting ready to take over my mail box :D

I was out watering tonight and saw that my peonies are starting to open. Im SO excited. These are one of my favorite flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom