Fluval Spec Nano Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Plants to buy:
Anubias:
-Barteri
-Coffeefolia
-Nana
Crypts:
-Ciliata
-Lutea
-Parva
-Spiralis
-Wendtii
Swords: (not for the spec. lol)
-Pygmy chain
-Melon
-Oriental
-Ocelot
Misc. Mid-ground plants:
-Dwarf hairgrass
-Dwarf Sag
Misc. Foreground plants:
-Glossostigma
-Hydrocotyle triparitia (already bought)
-Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides (already bought)

How the heck are you going to get most of them in your spec o_O

How the heck are you going to get most of them in your spec o_O

I'm not planning to... That's just a big list of options. Right now I'm probably going to grow a carpet of H. tripartita.

I got some hydrocotyle tripartita to replace the mountain decoration. I can't wait for it to grow!

maxwellag said:
I got some hydrocotyle tripartita to replace the mountain decoration. I can't wait fir it to grow!

Wow. Beautiful plant but it seems complicated to take care of lol. So the cave decoration is coming out

I don't have much of it right now, but it should fill out soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 84
I thought I'd post an update since it's been a while. The hydrocotyle tripartita is staying alive, although I have not noticed any new growth yet. For a couple days it had a die off period, until it got used to the light. I noticed that there are 3 RCS that are alive in there! I guess they're too big for the puffers to eat.

maxwellag said:
I thought I'd post an update since it's been a while. The hydrocotyle tripartita is staying alive, although I have not noticed any new growth yet. For a couple days it had a die off period, until it got used to the light. I noticed that there are 3 RCS that are alive in there! I guess they're too big for the puffers to eat.

I've actually heard of some success with puffers and RCS. Just don't expect babies is all :p

Well I mean pea puffers only. And if you keep them well fed and a decently set up tank, I'm not so sure it would fail. Worth a shot huh :)

Or until Puffers get bored or hungry and shred the shrimp.

Yes, I think that's why. I've been feeding them frozen daphnia and bloodworms once a week (for each food type) so they get fed twice a week.

Here's one of them playing with the hydrocotyle.
IMG_0692.jpg
Here's one of the RCS
IMG_0694.jpg
Eating something... I think it's a piece of daphnia
IMG_0696.jpg
Whenever I walk up to the tank, they swim over to me and stare. They're so smart! :)
IMG_0698.jpg

One puffer wasn't eating, was inactive and looked stressed, so I tested the water. Apparently when I cleaned the media yesterday I washed away too much BB. I caused a mini cycle. 2 ppm of ammonia! Yikes! I did a 90% WC and threw in some more established media from my 5g. Hopefully it re-cycles soon!

Back
Top Bottom