Foam around edges of tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marconis

Aquarium Advice Addict
For those who have read my soap stories from the ammonia, I am not even trying to go near there because at this point I find it may be impossible for soap to stay in my tank after all I did.

So, I have this foamy like build up on all sides of my tank (surface), but in a very tiny line that doesn't even make it 85% across the whole glass. It seems like they build up where the current from the filter moves towards the back of the tank. Could it just be a bunch of really tiny bubbles (that's what it looks like) Anyone else have this?

I have had that happen when I overdid the Prime or Stresscoat. Also, Melafix can do that.
Did you add any water conditioners?

Well hmmm. I've seen hard water do that as well but I really don't know for sure what to tell you and I'm not going to mention you-know-what...

I have had exactly what you describe. Where the water hits the glass and kind of piles up before it moves to the side. I do not think that it is anything to be worried about.

Do you have an airstone? I think this is completely normal, especially at the point where there's current. I find that my bubble wall makes it look worse.

newfound77951 said:
Probably just foam from dissolved organic material in you tank water...natural...and nothing to worry about.
I agree, I have seen that in rivers, where the water moves in among some rocks. I would move the phs or change the flow to dissipate. I have also seen this in my SW tank. I just redirected the flow and it was gone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom