Formula 1 and Formula 2...Whats the diff???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From the Ocen Nutrition Website

Formula 1
Shrimp, krill, gel binder, spinach, clams, krill hydrolysate, sardine meal, plankton, salmon egg oil, squid, kelp, lecithin, casein, paprika, canthaxanthin, cod liver oil, astaxanthin, vitamins (choline chloride, ascorbic acid including stabilized vitamin C, vitamin E supplement, niacin, thiamine mononitrate, folic acid, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, menadione sodium bisulfite chloride, vitamin B-12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, beta-carotene supplement, biotin), amino acids (dl-methionine, taurine, lysine), and trace elements of manganese sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, and sodium selenite.

Crude Protein (min) 13.0%
Crude Fat (min) 1.25%
Crude Fiber (max) 0.50%
Moisture (max) 85.00%
(Protein as a percentage of dry matter - 86.6%)

Formula 2
Plankton, gel binder, spinach, shrimp, krill, clams, krill hydrolysate, lettuce, peas, sardine meal, salmon egg oil, squid, kelp, lecithin, casein, spirulina, cod liver oil, paprika, vitamins (choline chloride, ascorbic acid including stabilized vitamin C, vitamin E supplement, niacin, thiamin mononitrate, folic acid, calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, menadione sodium bisulfite complex, vitamin A acetate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, beta-carotene supplement, biotin), amino acids (dl-methionine, taurine, lysine) and trace elements of manganese sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, and sodium selenite.

Crude Protein (min) 17.0%
Crude Fat (min) 1.0%
Crude Fiber (max) 0.5%
Moisture (max) 82.0%
(Protein as percentage of dry matter - 94.4%)

I know about the Content, what I meant was as far as feeding it to fish. Are they aimed at different fish.

Sorry I shoulda said that in the first place. :oops:

Yes, to know which fish to feed which too...you should research the fish ;)

The site tells you which fish they are usually aimed at.

1 has higher protien levels and 1 is for fish with lower proetien needs. You gotta research and see wich one suits your individual fish as reefrunner said.

Back
Top Bottom