Foxeface tail missing a piece

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azul17

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive had MY Foxface for over a year now and he is doing great. Nice color and super fat. He eats a lot. But about 2 months a go a saw a piece of his tail cut of. I didn't pay too much attention but today I saw it again and looks a lil bigger.
Flame angel seems to pick at little ones but never seen him pick at fox or tang

Any ideas what might be?
I have:
Yellow tang (fox face best friend)
Flame angle
Six line wrasse
2 green chromis
2 blue stripe clown
Hermits
Turbo snails
Nassarus

Any ideas? Is it a disease?

Attachments

• image-3262320403.jpg
    image-3262320403.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 87
Hmm possibly the wrasse?

This happened to my fox. He has big 1/4 circle cutouts on the top and bottom of his back fin. Looked terrible. But i have let it heal without doing anything and after a month or 2 it is looking perfect and beautiful again. I dont think it is a disease, just a case of a fish nipping the fins of a fish who cant really grow them back quickly :)

Yea my fox was healing good but now for some reason looks bigger. The samething happened to my tang but his fin is back to normal now. So if its not a disease my guess is between flame angel and wrasse.

Actually I forgot to mention I had 4 chromis. One disappeared about a month ago. About a week a go another chromis was badly injure on his eye on the bottom of my tank and died. I have 2 chromis left and one have a piece of his back fin missing as well but they look fine. The only ones that are clean are my 2 clown the flame angel and wrasse.

Hmmmm??

Back
Top Bottom