FresH2O's 20g planted rescape

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree on the video!!

Look good so far!! And you get bonus points - it's not easy getting pics of teeny tiny fish!!!! I got 12 chili rasboras and I can't even get an ok pic to save my life

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I agree on the video!!

Look good so far!! And you get bonus points - it's not easy getting pics of teeny tiny fish!!!! I got 12 chili rasboras and I can't even get an ok pic to save my life

That's funny, the rasboras I can get but CPDs and furs no way :rolleyes:

I just walked into the room to check on the fish and the embers, CPDs, and furcatas were in a playful swarm (school?). Not hiding, not skittish. The furcatas have a shimmy that resemble clownfish. Or a happy Bassett hound.
Here is a video of the new additions! Excuse the blurriness. There is a slo-mo scene in the middle. Enjoy.

Awesome! Substitute the embers for a trio of cherry barbs and that's my tank. I've kept dozens of types of fish over the past 10+ years but this is the tank, stock, and planting I've been most happy with.

Enjoy :flowers:

Stunning! The fish really complement the tank it looks so nice. I'm jealous.

That's an active tank man! You liking it?? That's your music huh? I like it!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks for the kind words. Lots of colors and movement in there. Similar to what you'd see in a coral reef setting. Took a peek at them this morning and, even in the morning light, they are all over the place. This is far cry from what this tank was a month ago. The CPDs resemble mini rainbow trout.
The music is from YouTube's audio selection list. Sounds like a TV commercial jingle. But it fit the video. Not sure how well Godsmack's live version of Whatever would have worked with this.
Pseudomugil as a species is new to me. A quick image search on Google reveals some very gorgeous specimens:
MmkxvF3.png

I can't get over how blue they eyes are on the Furcata rainbows. Striking! Here's a video of them. Sorry for the portrait mode. Was not thinking.
Definitely worth the wait. BTW, I was curious and I counted the number of days between aquarium fish purchases. This does not count shrimp, snails, plants or the mosquito fish for the water feature out back. It was 479 days. Four hundred seventy nine. Ouch.
Anywho, roll the tape...
http://youtu.be/UHJ4bSF15Ng

Back
Top Bottom