freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't put a blue tang or yellow tang in a cube and you'll be safe. BUT if I were to see you laying on the road I might be compelled to poke you with a stick to make sure you weren't dead. :-D

ROTFLMAO. I will make sure you never see me laying on the side of the road. LOL

i think im back to putting the skimmer back into the sump. i went to lowes recently and the thickest glass they have is 1/8" not strong enough is it? they said it was single strength for what ever that means.

coffeetwitch said:
i think im back to putting the skimmer back into the sump. i went to lowes recently and the thickest glass they have is 1/8" not strong enough is it? they said it was single strength for what ever that means.

I'd say atleast a 1/4 thick.

Idk. I got mine through a guy I met at the lfs. Hooked me up. Sump and CPR overflow for $200....

Try acrylic??????

im worried about flex in acrylic. i may beable to find some 3/8 scrap that we have at work, we get sheets and cut tractor doors out of them for the right of way cutters.

even still, ive read that there is no good way to bond it to glass and that acrylic will work itself loose over time.

Tight fit it and silicone. It'll work. Not like water is rushing through it. Over and under, through rocks, sand and pumped back up... Simple and uncomplicated...

I got a sandshifting starfish and he is still pretty much alive and kicking (or whatever they do LOL). Just keep a close eye on it ;)

i think ours is kinda cool. seeing laying out on the rock and then when it was done with that starfishing itself to the sand and sinking down.

i got yelled at again for messing with the rocks. not a drastic change but looks just a little bit better. if i could glue it together and remove the bolder im using as a support it would look really cool.

payday cant get here soon enough. im hopping to talk sweety pie into a couple more 40g breeders while petco is having the sale. ive seen some pictures of people using them as reef tanks and just fowlrs, i really like the looks of them. plus it would be a good place to put the snowflake until we get a 6 footer to put it and a lion in.

coffeetwitch said:
payday cant get here soon enough. im hopping to talk sweety pie into a couple more 40g breeders while petco is having the sale. ive seen some pictures of people using them as reef tanks and just fowlrs, i really like the looks of them. plus it would be a good place to put the snowflake until we get a 6 footer to put it and a lion in.

Lucky man! It took me half a year of taking my man into expanding from a 30g to a 120g... There won't be any other tanks for me :,( and he also hates cats :,,,,,,,,,(((((((

A 40 breeder will be fine for your eel. A good rule of thumb is cra if you see a fish or invert you like don't buy it but come home and research it. Wait two days if it fits then buy it. Its a hard thing to do.

it is a hard thing to do. and a leason learned. i hope.

its early because im on vacation. i should be getting up at the crack of noon. i dont even get up that early when its part of my normal work week. up by 615-630 ish, loaf around until i run the risk of being late. clock in at 7

Back
Top Bottom