friends for my betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jetajockey said:
Good luck mixing them, I've never had it work out for very long. I've got some juvie female bettas right now that I bet would work out for a while because of their lack of size, I may try it out just to see.

Yeah and if you put the shrimp in while the fish are young they might just get used to having shrimp around and not try to eat them as adults :)

Wowww lol anyone who spends that much on a shrimp is out of their mind

bud29 said:
I know.....the black king kong shrimp puts the price of the rilis to shame lol

Yea for real I would never pay that much lol probably not even for a fish. The most i've paid for a fish was like $30 for my blood parrot

I understood what you meant. I cringe when I think about stocking my 30 gallon. I am buying plants too so the total cost will be over $100.

Oh yeah, it wasn't even cheap doing what I did to my 10. I eventually want to plant my 75 gallon but I don't think that will happen til I move and change all the livestock. My silver dollars won't leave any plant alone.

I do too, when I redo my 75 I want to go high tech. Probably wont be for a few years though. And I'm thinking rainbow fish for it

I like rainbowfish. I just have too alkaline of water and not a large enough tank.

I am also planning on going high tech with my tank at some point also. Just don't have the $$$ for it right now!

I don't have the money either lol waiting tables just isn't cutting it. But when I do have the money I'll have to face the dilemma of going high tech plant or salt!

Yeah I think I would face that decision too but I would go with high tech. That is because even though high tech is pricey, it is not near as pricey as saltwater. I started doing some serious research because I thought I wanted to start up a reef in the next couple years. Even to set up a smaller saltwater tank (40 gal or so) it would be extraordinarily expensive. A black clownfish is 60 bucks! A normal ocellarus clown is "cheap" at $16. The majority of the corals and anemones I looked at were 30-50 dollars and the light to grow those corals and aneomones was about 200. An RO/DI unit is another 150. Plus, everything is so touchy. One little bad thing happens and there goes your entire tank.

Vampire shrimp or bamboo shrimp would be a awesome substitute for the crayfish

bud29 said:
Yeah I think I would face that decision too but I would go with high tech. That is because even though high tech is pricey, it is not near as pricey as saltwater. I started doing some serious research because I thought I wanted to start up a reef in the next couple years. Even to set up a smaller saltwater tank (40 gal or so) it would be extraordinarily expensive. A black clownfish is 60 bucks! A normal ocellarus clown is "cheap" at $16. The majority of the corals and anemones I looked at were 30-50 dollars and the light to grow those corals and aneomones was about 200. An RO/DI unit is another 150. Plus, everything is so touchy. One little bad thing happens and there goes your entire tank.

Oh I know, one of my friends works at a pet store and he was telling me about a guy who had just spent $600 stocking his tank and we had a real bad storm and the power went out over night and nothing survived. I would be heartbroken, I probably wouldn't even start over. My fish, I could leave the filter off for a whole day or two probably and they'd be fine lol.

Back
Top Bottom