friends for my betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brox said:
Vampire shrimp or bamboo shrimp would be a awesome substitute for the crayfish

I do like them lol but I had a bamboo shrimp once and he.totally disappeared without a trace lol. Wasn't hiding in the sand, wasn't in the plants, not in the filter. Idk I just never saw him again lol

datkush said:
I do like them lol but I had a bamboo shrimp once and he.totally disappeared without a trace lol. Wasn't hiding in the sand, wasn't in the plants, not in the filter. Idk I just never saw him again lol

Idk try vamp maybe

They look cool people either hate or like en

Oh I know, one of my friends works at a pet store and he was telling me about a guy who had just spent $600 stocking his tank and we had a real bad storm and the power went out over night and nothing survived. I would be heartbroken, I probably wouldn't even start over. My fish, I could leave the filter off for a whole day or two probably and they'd be fine lol.

Same here. I actually had to do that once because my filter broke down and I couldn't get to the store until the next day. My fish were absolutely fine.

bud29 said:
Same here. I actually had to do that once because my filter broke down and I couldn't get to the store until the next day. My fish were absolutely fine.

Yeah same with my heater, they had to go a day without it once and I was sooo worried but nothing happened :) tough little guys

I am dreading having to get a heater.....right now its hot enough already so I don't need one. I keep thinking, that's 20 bucks that could be spent on a shrimp tank:brows:

bud29 said:
I am dreading having to get a heater.....right now its hot enough already so I don't need one. I keep thinking, that's 20 bucks that could be spent on a shrimp tank:brows:

Right lol I just hate spending money! I'm having an issue with my heater tho in the tank that this thread is about. Idk if the weather is contributing but I keep finding my water at almost 90 even tho I had the heater set to 78. I moved it down to 72 to try and combat it.

wow that is a problem. I have heard that it is a good idea to get two heaters for your tank, and have both of them be half the wattage you need. This is so then if 1 malfunctions it doesn't have as much of an impact. However, with a smaller tank like a 10 gallon, it would be hard to find heaters that small.

Back
Top Bottom