Fruit tetras not eating flakes...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

h8z2luze

Aquarium Advice Addict
Do they not eat tropical flakes? My glo light and neon tetras eat it like crazy but the fruit tetras spit it back out....

HELP!

you may want to try crushing it up in to really small "flakeletts" (i wonder if that is a word?)... my zebra danios will spit big flakes out, but if i kinda grind them up, they eat them like crazy...

I did that and they spit out even the small stuff. Any other food recommendations?

I have a school of Black Skirt Tetras, and they have always had that kind of eating habit... Black skirt is a darker skirted " fruit tetra "... minus the dye obviously.. Every type of food I have given them, they spit out, multiple times. With that said, they are plump and I've had them for 2 going on 3 months...and havent seen them gulp down a flake to this day. I bought a flake specifically for Tetras and they've been regurgitating that every mealtime... everyday. Maybe try a flake of the Tetra brand? I'm going on the fact that mine are happily schooling right now, and have been active, considering their eating problems... ;)
Just don't be worried if they're spitting out their food months from now!

Back
Top Bottom