FTMMWS's 280 build ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've spoken to a diver from the keys where a lot of them are caught- the way they catch them is coming back from spawning and the females are not as colorful sadly :( as the males
That seems to be the way it is in nature,,fish ,birds ect... ,,Good thing us humans are the other way around:lol:

FTMMWS said:
That seems to be the way it is in nature,,fish ,birds ect... ,,Good thing us humans are the other way around:lol:

Lol - I know some pretty good looking guys! (I'm a chick btw)

Oh the other fish are a B&W ocellaris and a resplendent Anthias,,you can barely see them in the pic though and i wasn't gonna hold them too:lol:

coffeetwitch said:
nice looking fish

ive also heard that they use chemicals to slow them down. any truth to that?

Some do. They use some crazy stuff sometimes. My diver in the keys doesn't use it on anything but eels and sharks- I personally don't blame him there though.

coffeetwitch said:
nice looking fish

ive also heard that they use chemicals to slow them down. any truth to that?

Yeah a lot of collectors use cyanide to collect the fish. It stuns and slows down the fish, the permanent damage and death doesn't show up for a week or two which is unfortunately the time when us aquarists are brining the fish home from the LFS.

That has to be one of the coolest triggers. I would love one, but already have two triggers in my tank and don't want to press my luck.

That has to be one of the coolest triggers. I would love one, but already have two triggers in my tank and don't want to press my luck.
Thanks ,he'll be in with a blue throat ,and i think i'm done adding triggers even though i love them ...

Hey FTMMWS,

What Triggers do you have in this tank? Thanks!
I currently have a blue throat ,,then the sargassum will be added after QT..I had a humu and clown together for a couple years and got rid of the humu(turned into a huge PITA) for the BT...The clown trigger would not leave the BT alone so he got shipped out too..

Oh and thanks BTW:)..
I hit the thanks button ,,but i don't think any of us really check for that..

Cool! I like Triggers, they are active and I love how their fins flow. Maybe I can look into them for my next build "redsea's 125g FOWLR Build", :whistle: lol. I actually hope to do a FOWLR eventually, but that will come in a long time. Maybe next year around this time.

I saw your thanks this morning, thanks for the thanks!

Put the new guys in over the weekend (well ,Friday night at lights out)..All are doing well and there have been no issues ...Just turned the lights on and shot the video so they look a bit groggy :lol:

Next fish,,possibly ...Not easy to find..LA doesn't have em ,neither does blue zoo..Not sure where else to check..

Attachments

• P5151894.jpg
    P5151894.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 119
Is that a crosshatch trigger?
No,its a black hawaiian durgon ...Would love a crosshatch ,but they are a bit out of my price range ATM:D
this is a crosshatch (male)

Attachments

• Image.aspx.jpg
    Image.aspx.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 112
Back
Top Bottom