Funny Cichlid at my LFS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zaqyshadows

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So theres this cichlid at my LFS not sure what it is. I think its a Convict. Hes a perfectly healthy fish other than hell be swimming and all of the sudden just lay down. It was in a customers tank and it was getting beat up pretty bad by all the other fish. The owner put it in a recovery tank and was going to resale it when he noticed it acting really strange. It would swim a little bit and just sink to the bottom on its side and stay there for a while. Swim some more and lay down. Now of course anyone would figure its probably going to die but ill try and recover it anyways. A few weeks pass and its wounds heal and it seems healthy. However it continues to just lay on its side. Hes had it for a while now and he keeps it in his planted tank that he sell plants out of. Give him a something to lean against. The LFS guy thinks his swim bladder was messed up or something and now he keeps it as a not for sell fish. It pretty hilarious but sad at the same time.

Or it could be a goofy fish. Some just are.

It probably is the swim bladder.

You should buy it, unique fish are always cool.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

I would like to I have a 30 and if its a convict this one I'm looking at is already full grown. Might even try to breed them. That is if he can inseminate sideways.

Back
Top Bottom