Future overstock?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zacks

Aquarium Advice Regular
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406846081.337628.jpg
So it's my 55 gallon tank...
It's got an adult gold severum
A Juvie oscar
And 6 giant danios.

I'm hoping to keep them all here for life if possible, but I don't want to cramp hugely, and I don't want to dirty up the water.
It's got 650+ gph of filtration on it right now so the water typically stays crystal clear until a weekly water change. My fear is just that oscar, he's gonna get big as we all know and I really don't want to have to get rid of him, then again I don't want to get rid of my severum either, so I'm conflicted

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The severum should be fine but the oscar will need a 75 minimum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Now when you say 75, do you mean grab a 75 and put all current fish in there and they'd be good for life?

That's a possibility but I was saying that it would be minimum for the oscar when he grows out. At full size he will be as long or longer than a 55 is deep .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Also your severum looks small still( may be the angle in the picture) I had a gold that was pushing 7 or 8" and close to an inch thick. How old is the sev? And if you decide to keep all in the same tank I would just go for a standard 120.

Also your severum looks small still( may be the angle in the picture) I had a gold that was pushing 7 or 8" and close to an inch thick. How old is the sev? And if you decide to keep all in the same tank I would just go for a standard 120.

He's about 2 years old (I think) and he's about 6.5-7" from tail fin to head, I don't know how thick he is I'll have to measure

He's about 2 years old (I think) and he's about 6.5-7" from tail fin to head, I don't know how thick he is I'll have to measure

That sounds about average then. I have never owned an Oscar but have seen some huge ones that were given to my LFS. Just be ready for lots of water changes when he gets big.

That sounds about average then. I have never owned an Oscar but have seen some huge ones that were given to my LFS. Just be ready for lots of water changes when he gets big.

He's already the biggest pooper haha!

I'd just get rid of the oscar. Get a Firemouth or something instead.

Back
Top Bottom