FW Parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Love_MyFish

Aquarium Advice Freak
(PH) 7.6 (High Range PH) 7.4 (Ammonia) 8.0 before and after 10 gallon wc (Nitrite) 0 (nitrate) 0.

Other than ammonia is the others ok?:olympic:

You don't need to test with both PH tests. Focus in on your ammonia and nitrites right now. At this point you should be in emergency mode, trying to get that ammonia lowered. The only good way to do that is with PWCs...Don't do less than 50%.

Ok did 50% change and the results are (PH) 7.6< (HRPH) 7.4 (AM) 4> (Nitrites) 0 (nitrates) 0. What am I doing wrong where is my Nitrates?

Are you using paper strips? They are very inaccurate, and the best thing to do would be to get a liqiud test kit.
If the ammonia was 8.0 the fish would most likely be dead. :( Alisha is right in saying that you need to do big water changes, two a day if you have to.

Don't worry about your pH. As long as it's stable, most fish will adapt to your tank's pH.

FW

Are you using paper strips? They are very inaccurate, and the best thing to do would be to get a liqiud test kit.
If the ammonia was 8.0 the fish would most likely be dead. :( Alisha is right in saying that you need to do big water changes, two a day if you have to.

OK I do use a master test kit from api. Did a 50% change today and yester day twice and its lowered it to 4ppm. :neutral:

Darby is giving you good advice. Don't be afraid to do more than one PWC in a course of a day. 4ppm ammonia is still way to high. Anything over .25ppm is high enough to stress/harm your fish.

Back
Top Bottom