FX5 and topping off...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
Since I've been running the FX5 on my 75 gallon I've noticed maybe once a week, maybe a little less. But anyway. Like tonight I added 2 gallons to my tank ad I noticed the water level was lower then normal and I was only noticed because I was getting a lot of surface agitation more then normal. Added 2 gallons and it's all good.

Is this because the canister? Also do you add Prime when topping off? I didn't as I wasn't sure.

Is this normal? The drop in water, I have glass tops so it's covered and the day lights are on for 6 hours a day.

Unless you have a leak, which I'd assume you'd easily see, I'm guessing the increased surface agitation is leading to higher evaporation than before ... Even with the glass tops.

You should add conditioner when adding any new water whether topping off or doing pwc.

I use lids on all my tanks and have very little evaporation higher temperatures and way less splashing across my room;)

The evaporation is probably increased because the flow and surface agitation has. Nothing to worry about, but it can be a pain.

You should add conditioner when adding any new water whether topping off or doing pwc.

Definitely. Add Prime for the amount of water being added, dose the bucket.

I have some serious filter envy for the FX5.

HN1 said:
The evaporation is probably increased because the flow and surface agitation has. Nothing to worry about, but it can be a pain.

Definitely. Add Prime for the amount of water being added, dose the bucket.

I have some serious filter envy for the FX5.

Haha thanks! It is a beast! Ok so I'll just dose accordingly to why I add in. Did my pwc this morning before everyone starts coming over. Now I'm on my to the pet place 2 in Rockland county! :)

Have a good one everyone!

Back
Top Bottom