Gbr breeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a male up and die on me 3 months ago for reasons I have yet to figure out too. All water tests were excellent, they were well fed, guess crap just happens sometimes :) do you have any other fish?

I have a 50 gallon full of them. Lol
I think I might convert the 20 gallon my rams were in into a shrimp tank.

I thought about doing a shrimp tank myself... I have 11 tanks now but I don't want to give up one lol so all of your other rams are ok?

Nice!!!! I lost all of mine, I ended up taking that fake wood out and putting a lot of rocks so if they lay again it will be easier to take the eggs out. Are you going to put the eggs somewhere else?

I'm monitoring them like a hawk! Every 15 min or so I check on them, I figured I'd give them a shot and if they start to disappear I'm taking them

Ohh ok thats what I was doing, but then i got busy on the second day and when I came back they were all gone

I'm a stay at home mom so I'm always here :) I'm hoping by some freak chance they raise their fry with no problems :) but I'm ready to snatch them up if need be.

Ohh thats good! Then yea i hope they do and thy raise them. Good luck, and let's see some pics if you can

Yeah they laid on a nice sized rock last time, so this time I replaced it with one of those nice flat sea shells, upside down, in the same spot, and they used it. It's raised on the edges like a cup, thinking that it would be harder for one of the cories or something to find them and eat them. We will see... :)

This would be day two I believe... All I had at that particular moment was one of those big critter keeper tanks, like 5 or 6 gallon I think, so I put a sponge filter, air stone, and that m. Blue stuff to keep fungus from growing. My tank I was going to use for them has 3 batches of convict eggs in there at the moment :) so it isn't bad being its what I came up with in the split second I decided to remove the eggs.. Aren't they supposed to hatch in 2-3 days right?

I've heard from 40 to 48 hours. Thats when mine disappear

I have eggs again! :) it's been 8 days again, since last time they laid eggs, I have a breeding box on the back of the tank that I'm going to put them in

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom