George's 28G Nano Cube Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
George9 said:
...that'll be one PITA snatching a gramma up :/

I wouldn't bother trying unless you just don't have another option. Those guys are so hard to catch. Sometimes they'll jump right into a hole in a rock and if you're VERY lucky you can quickly pull the whole rock out of the tank before they jump out again but I'm rarely that fortunate. Best of luck with him. He looks pretty strong from your picture. They really are shockingly beautiful.

I wouldn't bother trying unless you just don't have another option. Those guys are so hard to catch. Sometimes they'll jump right into a hole in a rock and if you're VERY lucky you can quickly pull the whole rock out of the tank before they jump out again but I'm rarely that fortunate. Best of luck with him. He looks pretty strong from your picture. They really are shockingly beautiful.

Yeah they are super colorful. I love him!

There are no other options if it ends up getting worse though. I guess I'd have to do hypo in the main tank, but is lose all my hitchhikers and risk an ammo spike. I think I screwed myself, hopefully it works out

Hi, nice tank so far besides the recent issue with possible ich on your royal. Do you have a small spare tank you can take him out quick and hypo him in there instead?

Hi, nice tank so far besides the recent issue with possible ich on your royal. Do you have a small spare tank you can take him out quick and hypo him in there instead?

I do, but he's new and is hiding like 24/7. Netting him would be near impossible.

Plus, the ich is still in the Main tank

He looks better and is now popping out to grab some food :)

My skimmer is doing great now too, it's producing thick green scum :)

Oh man, george, you are tempting me to start a SW tank so bad :lol:

George9 said:
thick green scum :)

Normally, on the freshie side of things, you don't see the phrase "thick green scum" followed by a :) lol. Show how different it is over here.

bud29 said:
Oh man, george, you are tempting me to start a SW tank so bad :lol:

Normally, on the freshie side of things, you don't see the phrase "thick green scum" followed by a :) lol. Show how different it is over here.

You should do it when you get the cash ;) its not at all as hard as I thought it would be in the beginning :)

Yes! Thick green bubbly scum means its working!!

Scottyhorse said:
Now I am doing a SW for sure!! :lol:

Hahah :)

Check out how crappppyy its looking! Diatoms....EVERYWHRRE. my 15 ppm nitrates and ich attack probably isn't helping. I also see some green algae. But no more spots on the gramma and hes been out of his hole!

ForumRunner_20130131_153254.jpg

Should I just leave the diatoms alone?

Yup diatoms are a normal part of a new set up. Once the silicates Are consumed they will go away. My tank still gets it cause the pistol is constantly stirring the sand.

Yup diatoms are a normal part of a new set up. Once the silicates Are consumed they will go away. My tank still gets it cause the pistol is constantly stirring the sand.

They're so friggen ugly!! Is there anything I can do to make them better?

eeeww.....diatoms....Crystal is right, how long they last depends on the amount of silicates in the tank, since diatoms feed on silicates. Mine lasted for months :eek:

eeeww.....diatoms....Crystal is right, how long they last depends on the amount of silicates in the tank, since diatoms feed on silicates. Mine lasted for months :eek:

Yeah, they suck! It's my first time dealing with them. I didn't get them in my fw tank for some reason

Sometimes live plants suppress diatoms in freshwater. Like everyone says, it'll pass when it's out of silicates. I've never had a marine tank that didn't get hit at the start. Sucks but it's unavoidable.

CorallineAlgae said:
Sometimes live plants suppress diatoms in freshwater. Like everyone says, it'll pass when it's out of silicates. I've never had a marine tank that didn't get hit at the start. Sucks but it's unavoidable.

Guess ill just wait it out :)

Nitrates and phosphates are surprisingly better today! Nitrates deceased to 5 ppm and phosphates are down to .25 from .5

Back
Top Bottom