German ram tank build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Test.

Ammonia almost 0 but not .25. Nitrite is 0! Nitrate 20. Dosed to 2 ppm again to see whAts up!

Since you were having a little bit of trouble with your cycle recently, maybe keep dosing the tank for another week or so after it appears it is completely cycled... just to be safe.

And are glow lights fairly hardy? If so they will be the first fish,'finished out in this order, sound like a solid stock?

8 glow lights
4 Julio Cory's
8 rumynose tetra
1 bn Pleco
1 zebra angelfish
2 German blue rams
So the glow lights, add all 8 or like 4 to start?

Glow lights are super hardy IME. They are one of the easiest species of tetras that I have kept (I have kept many, lol). They are much less finicky than anything else on your list and would be a great choice to add first.

Glow lights are super hardy IME. They are one of the easiest species of tetras that I have kept (I have kept many, lol). They are much less finicky than anything else on your list and would be a great choice to add first.

Well that's about the best thing I could hear!!! I'm set on them now! Now do I add 8 or only 4 to start? And any idea what kind of Anubis?and do you think glowlights are better than bleading hearts?

I don't have experience with glow lights, but I've several schools of bleeding hearts over the years. Bleeding hearts get pretty big for tetras (around 2.5 inches for me), so take that into account in your final plans. I loved my bleeding hearts though, great personality, but can be a bit nippy outside of their school.
Good to see you getting excited again!
I also agree with severum mama, might want to double check and make sure you're completely cycled before adding the fish again. I'd hate to see you have another bad experience.

Do tommorrow if my parameters are all good, I'll dose to 3 ppm and I it's good after that I'll dose 4 ppm for a few days to be positive that its all good!

BH's are pretty large and boisterous for your setup. I would compare them to diamonds or emps (neither of which I would recommend for your tank) rather than the lowlights, which would be an excellent addition for a new tank.

Test results

Ammonia .25
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 5
So what's with the ammonia? And how come my nitrates are so low? I thought in this part of the cycle they are high, like 80 or so? And as or the stok, its glowlights or black phantom. I'll decide probably at the store. So anyone have black phantoms, good for what I want and my tank or not?

So do y'all thin I could change the glowlights with black phantoms? I'm not sure which I like better. I need to see them in person but I want to be sure both work or when I go!

Ok thank you. I am jut thinking about he phantoms as a different body shape. I guess it depends on what I like best in person

Check out Von Rio Tetra aka Flame Tetra, if you haven't yet. Recently got some and they seem to school really well and work for your ph and are very hardy fish, comments are also that they are good beginner fish, will color up beautifully when they get used to their new home.

Glow light tetras seem to stay in bottom third and are really gorgeous in a planted tank! Mine don't always school very tight

decisions, decisions! lol

Back
Top Bottom