Getting Rid of Algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yea im learning more and more about how to set up the tank. I guess right now im learning how to take care of the tank and plants. I want to make my tank have a design which right now it does not have. Do you know of a good website to buy plants? Do you buy yours in a store? I need to get some decent sized rocks and build that that way I want it and then add the plants etc. Right now my tank is not too pleasing to the eye. I tried to make an archway out of a vine type plant(not sure the name of the plant). I was checking out the aquascaping contest designs, they are really nice. So my lighting is good for my size tank and I just need to reduce the amount of time I have my lights on? I will try your idea before going to a co2 tank.

I usually buy from other hobbyists unless something catches my eye aquatic plant central is a great forum/plant source and has an extensive plant guide. Only use one light for now until you get the algae under control, the Excel will also help with that.

Ok ill take one bulb out for now. And def get some of that excel. I don't really know anyone around here that does aquascaping. Any idea of how to find ppl in my area?

Ok ill take one bulb out for now. And def get some of that excel. I don't really know anyone around here that does aquascaping. Any idea of how to find ppl in my area?

I don't know what area you are in but you can check out Theplantedtank.net and aquaticplantcentral.com there will most likely be somebody there.

I like the aquatic plant central. Thanks. Hopefully I can find some people around my area that likes aquascaping

Here is an updated video of my tank. Its looking better since I got rid the that plant and have started fertilizer.

Back
Top Bottom