Ghost Shrimp with hoarding problem LOL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wildroseofky

Aquarium Advice Addict
I went to clean my tank today and noticed that the sand looked amazingly clean from yesterday. My Mollies had really been pooping a lot and I planned on vacuuming it today while I was doing a pwc. I have various hiding spots and a big piece of fake coral in the tank. I moved the coral to vacuum and found the smallest ghost shrimp under the base and a big pile of crap as well as food. He tried to attack the vac like he was guarding his hoard. I started looking under other stuff and it was the same. There were neat piles under a group of plants, under the stone structure, and in a little cave. I usually place a piece of dried shrimp into a piece of seashell to hold it down for the shrimp every few days because the Mollies eat everything so fast. There were large pieces of it in the various piles. He was chasing the vacuum from one pile to the next. I think he has a hoarding addiction. LOL

Now that is funny, lol. Sounds like the start of a new reality show to me.

I'll give him a couple of days to replenish his stash and then see if I can get some photos. He is the smallest one of the shrimp. The other two are huge. He has only grown a little. He likes to stay hidden while the other ones are all over the tank.

I have a female gold doubloon molly that was feeding the dalmatian molly yesterday too. I gave them some blood worms and the gdm grabbed one and swam to the other side of the tank and passed it to the dmm. She did that a few times. I really need to set up a web cam and catch some of it. They keep the cat entertained.

My cats love to watch the fish too! Funny about the shrimp. Mine steal food practically out of the corys mouths!

I got a few picutures but the aren't very good. My camera wouldn't let me get close up. No macro setting. you can't really see the shrimp. Just his eyes as black dots.

Attachments

• hoarder.jpg
    hoarder.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 69
  • hoarder1.jpg
    hoarder1.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 72
  • hoard2.jpg
    hoard2.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 66
Back
Top Bottom