going to start my 55 gallon build in june

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spanky

Aquarium Advice Activist
i got 4 bangaii cardinals in different tanks but what i'm thinking is turning my 55 into a bangaii tank an pick up 6 more bangaii's to try pull few more females right now 1 got 1 confirmed male in a 24 gallon an atleast 2 males in a 20 with a possible female since the older male is only chasing one of the newest bangaii's an he only goes after the 2nd 1 if he was just hot an heavy after the other 1 an lost site of it but when he chases the 2nd 1 it is only a couple of seconds then he hangs with it which makes me belive the 2nd 1 to be female. i have only few months experience with bangaii's only thing i know for sure is i think they are one of the most beautiful fish i can get that are supposed to be good for beginners. so if anyone has any experience with bangaii's that can give me advice on my idea of having 10 bangaii's in my 55 would be appreciated.

Ive got two in my 55 right now, the first few days they seemed alright. Now a days the one seems to chase after the other, they avoid each other at all costs. Im not sure what sex they are but im looking into breeding these guys also! They are defiantly one of my favorite fish so far. Best of luck to you, I hope you have success breeding them since they are in danger of being extinct :( Poor little buggers! Ill be following for some tips also

from what i seen cause the 1 in my 24 an one of the 1's in my 20 i originally bought together an had in the 24 sounds like you got 2 males. when i had mine both in the 24 when were just 2 of them one never got to eat cause the dominant one beat him down so bad he hid in the rock work even then he get harassed so i split them into 2 tanks did more research did find articles saying they do like groups but odd numbered groups to distribute the agression so the weakest one don't get killed thats why i was thinking 55 be perfect to attempt this. read articles where they suggest getting 6 to increase chance of getting a female so i thought get 6 with what i already have an possibly a pair already bonded though kind of leary of that since this last pair i got was supposed to be bonded an now not 100 % percent sure that the pair was a male/female pair cause my estab;ished male is staying by himself today. so the 1 i thought could have been a female might also be male so thinking trying a small army in 55 an hope that gets atleast 1-2 hopefully more females an be able to get them to where if they do fight wont be deadly till i get them paired off an mved to 20-30 gallon tanks an put just a pair in each tank with a pair of clowns in each also. with the 55 hoping to put some seahorses in also since bangaii's are usually pretty seditary.

Seems today 1 bangaii was dead an it was one of the new ones seems the lfs sold a pair that were really 2 males as the last 1 is being chased so will be putting him in the 55 gallon as of tonight. so now got 3 males no females.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom