Gold Rams? Looking for any info...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy289

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello,

I was at a local fish store today & was talking to one of the employees about Gold Rams. I worked in a fish store many years ago & had at first thought I was looking at Kribensis (not sure on the spelling there). My question is about their aggressiveness. I was told that they would become aggressive as they get bigger, but, they were incredibly peaceful at the time we were looking at them. They were just under an inch and housed with some black phantom tetras. I do remember Kribensis being very peaceful fish...

My question is though, if these are indeed gold rams, would it be okay to house them with angelfish? I haven't got any angels at the moment, but would like to buy a couple.

I did see the thread on Rams dying very easily, which is discouraging, but I'm willing to give them a shot. Is there any other info I should know about them? They are very stunning fish!

Thanks folks!

Gold Rams are just a coloration of the German Blue Rams. They have the same characteristics and are peaceful fish. I'm not sure how they would react to Angels though. I've never attempted to keep them together.

That is commendable Fishy289. If you've read the thread, you will have noticed it's intent is to provide the information in order to help us discover ways of keeping these beautiful fish.

Rams and Angels are compatible together. Due to Rams being more peaceful and timid (until breeding time), they make great tankmates.
:D

Back
Top Bottom