goldfish, koi, feeding in winter ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbeno

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, Ive read you stop feeding koi in the winter, when it gets less than 10c/50f does this go for goldfish, grass carp, & golden orf aswell ??

Does it mean stop feeding at water temp or air temp ?

youd probably be better off not feeding them, or maybe in real tiny amounts and or use easily digestible foods such as wheat germ. they probably wont starve, theres always bacteria and other stuff on the bottom if they get hungry.

child said:
youd probably be better off not feeding them, or maybe in real tiny amounts and or use easily digestible foods such as wheat germ. they probably wont starve, theres always bacteria and other stuff on the bottom if they get hungry.

No in winter u stop feeding koi all together when it goes below 10c I was wondering if this goes for goldfish, grassys, & orf
And do you go by 10c water temp or Air temp ??

I would go by water temp (50f). Air temp can vary drastically from day to day (even hr to hr) while water temp remains more stable. No feeding for anybody once it hits 50f-they all go into hibernation state

I would go by water temp (50f). Air temp can vary drastically from day to day (even hr to hr) while water temp remains more stable. No feeding for anybody once it hits 50f-they all go into hibernation state

Ok cheers f tha bud.

Back
Top Bottom