Goldfish Not Eating - Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyr

Aquarium Advice Newbie
For the past few days, one of my goldfish has not been eating. I have one butterfly telescope and one black moor in a cycled 40 gallon with sand substrate. The water quality is not the issue. The black moor is the one having the issue, the other is completely fine. Both of my fish have recently gotten over ich, which I treated with Paraguard, but it is gone now. I feed them a variety of sinking pellets, such as Hikari Lionhead, Saki-Hikari, and Omega One. Twice a week I supplement with Soilent Green and frozen bloodworms. However, the black moor has never liked Soilent Green, so he does not get enough veggies in his diet. He always ate the pellets though. Recently, he started sucking up the pellets, holding it in for a couple seconds, then spitting it right back out. I thought this was very odd, so I bought some garlic juice to try and entice him. This did not work. Today I started crushing the pellets into very tiny pieces and even then he would spit some out. What is wrong? He looks very healthy, but won't eat!

Thats a tough one. Sounds like your doing everything right if your using sinking pellets and not over feeding at one sitting.
I really have no ideas.
I like bare bottom tanks with all fish. Could he have gulped in too much sand? IDK

Back
Top Bottom