Good algae eaters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Siamese turn extremely aggressive when they get older

Do you mean Chinese algae eaters? Siamese algae eaters aren't aggressive- they are highly active, inquisitive, greedy and, when large- NOT algae eaters. Lol. CAE on the other hand are just evil little critters. And highly intelligent. A bad combo IMO :eek:

Nothing beats a pleco for algae eating. Mine keeps my 30gal spotless

Snail traps don't work, loaches on the other hand are amazing at snail control. Professional exterminators. Anyway don't buy a fish or invertebrate to solve a problem, it's mistake. Also, algae is MUCH different in a planted tank as opposed to a non planted. Our lighting is intense because we need to satisfy our plants, while non planted lighting is not enough to really spur the more troublesome algae. Solve your water quality issue, THEN get your algae helpers.

You clearly didn't read my first post. I clearly stated that the issue was being resolved and
almost is. Ill cal my lfs tonight and see what he has I'm decided to go with the snails and otos.

Okay thanks everyone how many of each should I be getting? For the otos, zebra nerite, and mts.

Sorry about he double post.

I would say 3-4 Otos, 2 nerite and 5 mts to start (they will reproduce for sure if you have sand hey will burrow)

You clearly didn't read my first post. I clearly stated that the issue was being resolved and
almost is. Ill cal my lfs tonight and see what he has I'm decided to go with the snails and otos.

First, take your attitude somewhere else it's not needed here. Second, you did state that you understand it's a water quality issue, yet you still seek invertebrate or fish solutions?

Back
Top Bottom