Good community fish for a 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jadedrain_06

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am cycling 2 10 gallon tanks and have vowed to do a complete fishless cycle with ammonia since I tried doing it with fish and killed them all. What type of community fish would be good in 10 gals? Would prefer to have as many little fish as possible since my daughter is a tank lover. And I don't want any babies. Do male guppies do well together?

I am cycling 2 10 gallon tanks and have vowed to do a complete fishless cycle with ammonia since I tried doing it with fish and killed them all. What type of community fish would be good in 10 gals? Would prefer to have as many little fish as possible since my daughter is a tank lover. And I don't want any babies. Do male guppies do well together?

Yep, male Guppies will thrive together. I would take a look a Platies too, I love them so much. :)

I agree with redsea that male guppies do fine together.

A brief list of other species for 10g: ember tetras, betta, dwarf gourami, dwarf puffer, sparkling gourami, Endler's livebearers, platys, chili rasbora, micro rasbora, chocolate gourami, least killifish, clown killifish, Asian stone catfish, pygmy corys, and celestial pearl danios. Not all of these are compatable with each other, or even with other fish. But, thay are each cool fish that should be relatively easy to research if you like any of them. :)

Totally agree with Absolut's post. Be sure to research each species you consider. Some do have specialized needs.

Back
Top Bottom