good idea or not?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium 308

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ive finally about to start my 10 gallon shrimp tank. To jump thing off is it wrong to add five gallons of water from my water change in my larger tank. So I would be adding 5 fresh gallons and five seasoned gallons. Then let it sit a few days before ibadd the shrimp.

Ive finally about to start my 10 gallon shrimp tank. To jump thing off is it wrong to add five gallons of water from my water change in my larger tank. So I would be adding 5 fresh gallons and five seasoned gallons. Then let it sit a few days before ibadd the shrimp.

The water itself does not really contain any of the beneficial bacteria. Your best bet would be to place one of your new filter media into the established tank for a week to help seed it.

You could also add some of the substrate from the established tank, however, it would probably not look very good with the new tank.

The water itself does not reallin contain any of the beneficial bacteria. Your best bet would be to place one of your new filter media into the established tank for a week to help seed it.

You could also add some of the substrate from the established tank, however, it would probably not look very good with the new tank.

By filter media do u mean just putting like the foam pad In the established tank so it traps bacteria.

By filter media do u mean just putting like the foam pad In the established tank so it traps bacteria.

yes, the foam pad on the filter.

If you have yet to purchase the shrimp, you will easily be able to get this seeded, you can just let the filter run in your established tank for a week or so.

Ok thanks guys. I have not bought shrimp yet. I just got all my accessories for the tank. Im planning on putting plants from my established tank and I will seed the new filter as suggested. Figured id let thebtank run for a week before I get the shrimp. I will be getting glass shrimp

Back
Top Bottom