Good LEDs to support SPS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ted

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im looking for good LED lights to support soft coral growth and looking for suggestions. Ive heard of EShine, Radion and Maxspect but since Im new to hobby just some input is appreciated. Presently I have a 36" 50gal but will be upgrading to a 100-125gal in the future.
Aloha

Look at taotronics 120w led, get the dimmable version. Same wattage as radions just not a polished and fewer bells and whistles.

Saratj1 said:
Look at taotronics 120w led, get the dimmable version. Same wattage as radions just not a polished and fewer bells and whistles.

+1 Taotronics are your best bet for the price range. A local coral aquaculturer I know uses only taotronics and is running about 15 of their systems with great growth in everything hes got

I have the taotonics. Ur more then welcome to look at my thread and see the growth of my corals. It's called kio 3.0. I have 4 nem's, a clam, and several corals. These lights have even fallen in the tank and are still working! Say what you will, but I'll stand behind them. JMO.

Hate to crash the thread, but how high are you keeping them from the water and what percentage do you have them dimmed at?

I just ordered 2 dimmable Taos on the recommendations of many people on this forum many of whom have decades of experience and are running rather large systems. I am very confident that I will be happy with them, but I will post more once I actually get them running. I am replacing and aqua medic fixture with 2 ML and 2 T5 actinics.

BTW, I have seen many people post link to them for sale on amazon. That is where I started and they were $189. I searched taotronics dimmable. I noticed the seller was Complete Filtration Services Inc. so I googled them and found there yahoo store which had the same lights for $165 with $0.99 shipping.

http://www.cfsco.net/aqledli12bld.html

I can't believe I am lighting my tank with led for $330!

Supra said:
Hate to crash the thread, but how high are you keeping them from the water and what percentage do you have them dimmed at?

7inches above the water. I also have them on a railing system.

My SPS grows great under the AI Sol Blue. Clams are doing great and are on the sandbed.

Kio707 said:
7inches above the water. I also have them on a railing system.

What does a railing system do? Does that allow you to move the lights out of the way for cleaning or something?

bioteacher said:
What does a railing system do? Does that allow you to move the lights out of the way for cleaning or something?

Move them left and right and not have to hang them on the canopy.

I know the AI vega hasnt came out yet im waiting on those I think or the sol ive heard good and bad but for me its between the vega and sol. Im just waiting on more info, videos etc on the vega before I make a decision

I have orphek LEDs on my 90 gallon and work great. I would recommend them any day. I have had them for over a year and my corals are doing great.

I have them 10 from water 3 over a 3foot deep by 4ft tank and all my corals do great

image-1255416663.jpg

image-752820136.jpg

image-4149441647.jpg

image-878704017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom