Good levels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sure you can see the colour clearer in person then we can through a fuzzy picture:)

Nice Lab by the way lol
May I suggest using the high range ph test, instead of the normal ph test.
Looks like your reading is above 7.4, and having cichlids, you want a higher ph in most cases.

Your results look good but i agree with Koikid88 to check the high-range ph test. Once you hit 7.6 on the regular ph test, it could be 7.6 or 8 or higher- they will all come up the same blue shade. :)

It's hard to tell because you have an inconsistent amount of water in each tube. You need to fill each one to the line ( 5ml ) in order to get the correct readings. Because with to much or to little water the color will be to concentrated or to diluted.

Koikid88 said:
Nice Lab by the way lol
May I suggest using the high range ph test, instead of the normal ph test.
Looks like your reading is above 7.4, and having cichlids, you want a higher ph in most cases.

Thanks I love labs!! :) I did the test and it was ended up pretty low less than 7.6 and can I add 8.2 raiser??

Mogurako said:
It's hard to tell because you have an inconsistent amount of water in each tube. You need to fill each one to the line ( 5ml ) in order to get the correct readings. Because with to much or to little water the color will be to concentrated or to diluted.

Oh ok going to redo it now

He may have started with the same, but different tests take different amounts. Normal ph test is only 3 drops right? High range is 5, nitrites is 5, ammonia is 16, and nitrates 20...

but why is the Ph test so low?

Koikid88 said:
He may have started with the same, but different tests take different amounts. Normal ph test is only 3 drops right? High range is 5, nitrites is 5, ammonia is 16, and nitrates 20...

but why is the Ph test so low?

That is correct but it doesn't raise the lvl on the tubes that much.

Back
Top Bottom