Gravel cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid.greenhorn

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was cleaning over 100 lbs of gravel last night for my 125g. When I realized I'm cleaning gravel to crystal clear quality just so my fish can poop in it. Haha, we treat our fish like kings, I think I take better care of my fish than myself. Plus they are the first thing I go to see when I get home from work, then my dog, then my wife. How do you guys feel about this?

cichlid.greenhorn said:
I was cleaning over 100 lbs of gravel last night for my 125g. When I realized I'm cleaning gravel to crystal clear quality just so my fish can poop in it. Haha, we treat our fish like kings, I think I take better care of my fish than myself. Plus they are the first thing I go to see when I get home from work, then my dog, then my wife. How do you guys feel about this?

I also think I take better care of my fish than myself !!

I always cheak on mine before I leave the house :) my cats wait by my tanks sometimes just so they can get some attention

WOW! Good to know I'm not alone on this one!!! Too funny! The first thing in my mind when I wake up in the morning is my fish. I immediately do a head count and examine everyone closely for any odd behavior. I am obssessed with keeping my fish happy and healthy! Then, I check on the rest of the family LOL! The fish are on my mind almost 24/7! Isn't that crazy??? Everything I do no matter what it is, the fish are in my thoughts. When ever I am near the fish tank, I stop over and say hi...such as vaccumming, I'll stop briefly to see them; getting the fire going I'll stop by and see them, ect. I got it bad!!!:oops:

Lovin Fish said:
WOW! Good to know I'm not alone on this one!!! Too funny! The first thing in my mind when I wake up in the morning is my fish. I immediately do a head count and examine everyone closely for any odd behavior. I am obssessed with keeping my fish happy and healthy! Then, I check on the rest of the family LOL! The fish are on my mind almost 24/7! Isn't that crazy??? Everything I do no matter what it is, the fish are in my thoughts. When ever I am near the fish tank, I stop over and say hi...such as vaccumming, I'll stop briefly to see them; getting the fire going I'll stop by and see them, ect. I got it bad!!!:oops:

Lol I am exactly the same

Lovin Fish said:
It's fun isn't it :) Fish are the best thing! It's funny for me because I never wanted fish! Then once they ended up in my house I fell in-love! LOL!

I grew up around them my dad had his own fish store, we had 6 tanks in the house growing up so I had to like them now I love them :) I actually make sure they are happy before I need something lol

I'm there too. I do a complete headcount first thing every morning and first thing when I get home. The dogs don't get real excited about having to wait on this to get their walk. They've literally replaced t.v. for me for a couple of hours a day, at least! I'm even going heavily planted just to make sure I have enough maintenence to do every day!

My fish are the first thing I check on in the morning, right after pouring the first cup of coffee, seems the brain doesn't work so well at 4:30. They are the second thing I check when I get home from work, it's kind of hard to ignore two German Shepards that are excited to see you.

Back
Top Bottom