gravel color and frozen brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemybarbs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought my frog (Princess) some frozen brine shrimp. Yikes, no one told me they would still have their little eyes. That creeped me out.

Anyway, with my gravel, I'm not sure the frog even sees them. I think I saw him eat one and I shot a ton of them over his direction. I decided to turn off the light and let his sniffer do all of the work. Am I mental for wanting to possibly change the color of the gravel because of this. I'll have the new one up and going next weekend, I hope. Would black look dumb with these plants?

img_626085_0_a17e40dd1a2a43ab2ca5243a3de3c0a9.jpg

Didn't the fishes eat the remains ?

Changing gravel with all the plants you have will be a pain in the a** but if you're a willing person well, why not. Black gravel will look more artificial imo(I actually did the reverse last week, changed from black to natural).

Changing gravel with all the plants you have will be a pain in the a** but if you're a willing person well, why not.

They look like fake plants. i see nothing wrong with the colour choice, just don't introduce the brine shrimp all at once, and also watch how much you add, it's a high protien food.

My 55 should be here by the end of th week. They're fake plants. I can't decide. A black background with the black gravel might look pretty good, but I would have to take out the smaller rocks I have. I would probably have to go with dark red rocks. I've used the freeze dried brine shrimp for a while, but it floats and the frog just goes up and gets the leftovers after a little while.

The rest of the fish gladly cleaned up the rest of the cube. The cubes are smaller now than they used to be.

I have to say, since I've fed my fish the frozen food, their color is outstanding. The gold in the barbs is so shiny.

The frog seems to see the blood worms a whole lot easier in the rock I have now.

Back
Top Bottom