Gravel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cichlidpaul said:
You don't have to boil for long 2 minutes max nothing will be living after that just boil one first if that goes ok do the rest

Thanks cichlidpaul ;) I got it ... It went well and they looked nice and clean when I was done,.. My pots however did not :) lol

Flossie said:
Thanks cichlidpaul ;) I got it ... It went well and they looked nice and clean when I was done,.. My pots however did not :) lol

Lol when I bought ricks from nursery earlier today my gf went crazy when she saw the pots after boiling

Cuthysmalz2 said:
Lol when I bought ricks from nursery earlier today my gf went crazy when she saw the pots after boiling

Lol yeah it wasn't pretty

Cuthysmalz2 said:

Lol my wife was none to happy too took me close to two hours and even the biggest pot we had wasn't big enough lol but well worth it IMO as mine came straight from a river

Flossie said:

Glad i could be of help Flossie any other questions just ask if i can help i will , as for the pots hay they will clean up after a good scrub lol

cichlidpaul said:
Glad i could be of help Flossie any other questions just ask if i can help i will , as for the pots hay they will clean up after a good scrub lol

Thank u:) I'm sure I'll have more Q lol luckily I'm had some old stock pots I use for photography props so my racheal ray pots are Safe lol

Flossie said:
Thank u:) I'm sure I'll have more Q lol luckily I'm had some old stock pots I use for photography props so my racheal ray pots are Safe lol

Never a good thing to wreck your best pots Flossie

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend getting PFS (pool filter sand). It's affordable, it's natural and there's no compaction.
Dosn't PFS have silica in it and if so, will it harm the fish?? More specific, Chiclids, pleco's and cat fish? I know silica and quartz is the same but it is glass no?

cichlidpaul said:
Never a good thing to wreck your best pots Flossie

Lol no it isn't :) ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:
r_nichols7 said:
Dosn't PFS have silica in it and if so, will it harm the fish?? More specific, Chiclids, pleco's and cat fish? I know silica and quartz is the same but it is glass no?

Lots of ppl recommend it...

r_nichols7 said:

It's perfectly fine. Tons of people recommend it, even MFDrookie and fort recommend it.

No Pea gravel. Cichlids love to dig, so they need smaller gravel or sand. If they even manage to get it in their mouth, it is unsafe.

LilBangarang said:
No Pea gravel. Cichlids love to dig, so they need smaller gravel or sand. If they even manage to get it in their mouth, it is unsafe.
Good to know. I almost used pea gravel...

LilBangarang said:

I have to disagree their sorry I've kept American and Malawi with pea sized gravel in both tanks and they still dug and moved it to how they wanted it , if they want to move gravel they will and its a 50/50 sand and gravel mix is perfect for cichlids

Back
Top Bottom