Gravel??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Flossie said:
I thought about putting sand and like a path of river rocks?? They are for decorative purposes of course

Cool idea!

I've seen a couple tanks like that here and I like the look, kind of a cobblestone path design. My only suggestion is you really need to post pics as you go :D.

Yeah yeah u got it... They are so cool looking... I will def post pics... Trying to work on a stand but as soon as I get you'll def get pics:)

Flossie said:
Yeah yeah u got it... They are so cool looking... I will def post pics... Trying to work on a stand but as soon as I get you'll def get pics:)

I'm hoping my daughter will let me do that with her tank that I need to setup next ;).

Ahhh I see... So maybe like a Hannah montana or twilight decor??? Lol maybe she'll let u go for the more natural look ...

Flossie said:
Ahhh I see... So maybe like a Hannah montana or twilight decor??? Lol maybe she'll let u go for the more natural look ...

If it were me, I'd go for twilight. I'm thirteen. My tank is hot pink and purple gravel with neon plants, and then one real plant with two pieces of driftwood.

By the way, most teens don't like Hannah Montana...

Hanna and justin are not on her ipod, but she is solidly in team Jacob's corner lol.

She'll get some leeway, but I'm the one taking care of the tanks so I have limits.

Take control mr limpet!!! Lol oh I see ... Hannah Montana is for the younger crowds... I forget 13 yr olds like vampires now:) lol I like twilight as well ;)

So its decided sand and a dark river rock path with some cave rocks I stole fro
My dad he he he

I'm using the black ones in the 55g and maybe a few brown in my ten

Attachments

• image-733473527.jpg
    image-733473527.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 57
  • image-1822600952.jpg
    image-1822600952.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 56
I used rock from home depot in both my 90 & 140 gal. Knock on wood nvr had a floater or disease and I've had fry so they are happy so far. It takes ALOT of rinsing but worth it to me for the savings. I also use lava rock from there, tho I rinse and boil this first, as I have with rocks I've found ( tested with white vinegar first) and slate. Lava rock I've always used in my tropical tanks for the fry to hide it, seems to work with cichlids too. It's back behind the Rock and terra cotta caves. I use a plastic litter container that I sanitized then drilled small holes in to clean gravel.

Bl80 said:
I used rock from home depot in both my 90 & 140 gal. Knock on wood nvr had a floater or disease and I've had fry so they are happy so far. It takes ALOT of rinsing but worth it to me for the savings. I also use lava rock from there, tho I rinse and boil this first, as I have with rocks I've found ( tested with white vinegar first) and slate. Lava rock I've always used in my tropical tanks for the fry to hide it, seems to work with cichlids too. It's back behind the Rock and terra cotta caves. I use a plastic litter container that I sanitized then drilled small holes in to clean gravel.

Awesome thanks for your advice... Makes me feel better. I did a lot of rinsing with water and some scrubbing with a toothbrush. I was gonna use bleach
But it was scented so that made me Leary ....

If you have any worries about the rocks all you need to do is boil them 5 mins and all will be good as nothing can live at that point Flossie thats all i did with my rocks and they came from a river take a look at my other theads theirs a pic or two on one of them

Flossie said:
Awesome thanks for your advice... Makes me feel better. I did a lot of rinsing with water and some scrubbing with a toothbrush. I was gonna use bleach
But it was scented so that made me Leary ....

I'd stay away from any diluted bleach cleaning unless you do lots of rinse/soak/repeat in water several times.

I did a lot of soaking putting in fresh water and soaking... Gave a little toothbrush scrub. I was worried about boiling sandstone ..

Flossie said:
I did a lot of soaking putting in fresh water and soaking... Gave a little toothbrush scrub. I was worried about boiling sandstone ..

You don't have to boil for long 2 minutes max nothing will be living after that just boil one first if that goes ok do the rest

Back
Top Bottom