Green bubble algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmmnano

Aquarium Advice Regular
Could I get so advice on getting rid of so green bubble algae

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Emerald crabs are said to eat it. Manual removal, being careful not to pop the bubbles, is always an option, sometimes. And of course, eliminating the source of the problem, water quality and light being big factors.

It's on the end of a frag piece that I got from lfs it's like two little bubbles

Just pull the frag and scrape it off the plug. Be sure you scrape it all off, easiest way I've found is to scrape a layer of the plug/rock off too so your sure it's all the way off. Rinse in sw and put it back in the tank. DO NOT pop them in your tank

Ok great thanks

Also I have a 24 g nano cube with two clowns, a goby, a pompom crab, cleaner shrimp, and soon two sexy shrimp. How would an emerald crab do in there.

Mine never touched it. I had to return her because I found evidence that she was snacking on my zoas instead.

Well I just pulled the whole frag out and removed the part that had the algae then re glued it. The mushroom I had on it seemed to not mind it one bit and opened right back up after about an hour. Another potential disaster avoided due to the help of you guys. ?

Back
Top Bottom