Green carpet anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will do..when you are down this way let me know....I'll make sure to let my wife know about the aqua pod...LOL

Well he just went into the tank...and he is coming off the rock from your tank Froggy....I put him in a place that he can move around and get happy and not hurt anything..hopefully he wont walk too far....but if he does it's ok I can always move the LPS corals I have on the sand bed...I took the canopy off and will take some pics of it so I can post them...some one asked me for pics of it...I also took the time to scrap the algae I couldn't get with the magnets....When I get everything back on I will take some pics of the anemone that I have dubbed Sticky....as he is very sticky...lol

when i placed him in my tank he took to the first spot i had him in. thats where u got him out of. cant wait for pics. well if we go on that trip to VA I will meet u then.

Yeah...he's kinda walked around to a spot that I don't like..he's wedged up between the glass and a rock.....I may have to move him a bit but we will see....right now I think I'm going to leave him alone....

u now thats funny. i belive thats the spots he likes. i remember going over to my buddys house and he was in the front right corner always i can only remember him moving a few times and even then i still think it was to a side or front against glass. he's funny

I have a few pics that I took of him but they aren't very good....I am screening the light on that side of the tank and the photo period is only 4 hours right now so he's under actinic lighting most of the day. Of couse that makes him glow. I think after I get him settled in I will relocated him a bit in the tank...but I'll play that one by ear....

Well he has settled in and I am pleased with where he has decided to make his home...I don't think I will be moving him after all...Still acclimating to the lighting...4 hours per day...tomorrow I will remove the screen and start him on 4 hours of unfiltered MH lighting....so far so good....he seems very happy when the MH is on and gets a little mad at me when I shut it off...I may increase to 5 hours in a couple of days....we'll see how he does tomorrow with out the screen.....

I have pics...the problem is I can't edit them so they would be WAY too big to post...I'll get them on here tomorrow....one way or another!

Here are a few pics...these are of the anemone after he settled in. I have pics of him acclimating also....

carpetan1zo5.jpg

carpetan2td3.jpg

carpetan3rh2.jpg

I have not target fed it yet...I picked up a new pack of silver sides yesterday...I might feed it a very small piece in a couple of days...I want to make sure that he is happy....If my clown starts hosting it I will not feed it at all..I've noticed the clown over near the anemone....time will tell!

Yeah...after those pics were posted he decided to go on walk-about...and I had to move the rock that he was attached to when I picked him up...now he has buried his foot deep in the sand and is laying out kinda where he was in those pics...just doesnt have a rock on both sides....

Back
Top Bottom