Guppy care/Raiseing tips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If i were u i would get another female. its less stressful for the females the more females u have in the tank because the males are constantly trying to breed and picking at the females chasing them around and when i notice a fish is pregnant i normally remove her asap to the fry tank for her to have them there so its easier for me in the end lol. other than that, they pretty do nothing much beside eat and have babies lol so it should be easy cus keep a eye on the water levels and you should be fine.

If i were u i would get another female. its less stressful for the females the more females u have in the tank because the males are constantly trying to breed and picking at the females chasing them around and when i notice a fish is pregnant i normally remove her asap to the fry tank for her to have them there so its easier for me in the end lol. other than that, they pretty do nothing much beside eat and have babies lol so it should be easy cus keep a eye on the water levels and you should be fine.
They where pretty newly added to my 10g tank :) I added them on the 7th

They where pretty newly added to my 10g tank :) I added them on the 7th

Hmm i noticed your in pa. i am as well! But pretty much what i do is a 1:2 ratio 2 females per male. I remove them to fry tanks as soon as they start showing to reduce stress.

I would recommend a 1:3 ratio, as it is a lot less stressful on the females. I have noticed in my colonies that there is a lot less stress when the ratio is 1:3 then when it was 1:2.
+1 with moving the female to the fry tank as soon as you notice she is pregnant, if she gets too stressed out she could abort her batch

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I would recommend a 1:3 ratio, as it is a lot less stressful on the females. I have noticed in my colonies that there is a lot less stress when the ratio is 1:3 then when it was 1:2.
+1 with moving the female to the fry tank as soon as you notice she is pregnant, if she gets too stressed out she could abort her batch

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Aaaahhh.... One male is too young but the other is mature...Mebbe i can post a picture~:lol:

I would personally recommend one male to two female livebearers and some people say 3:1. They should drop(fish birth) every 29 days and can store sperm so even if you got one from a petstore and have no males be prepared to have a batch of fry once a month for 6 months. Each time she drops, a female can have 5-100 fry. If you want a breeder, you can make one from a five or ten gallon, or buy them at petsmart if you only have a few. If you want to leave the fry in there, they are very nutritional for your other fish. There is basically a 99% chance that your guppies will get pregnant but be diligent if you want to keep them because she can drop and the fry can be gobbled up before you know it or survive. Feed the fry infusoria or finely ground fish flakes. Hope I could help.

Your Fish

Hello Gupp...

Toss in some individual stems of Hornwort and keep the tank water free of dissolved wastes by removing and replacing half of the water every week to two weeks. The plants will provide water filtration, food and hiding places for the fish and the good water conditions will provide a good environment for fish reproduction.

B

The juvinile male have Swim bladder syndrom :(. He eats less than he used too.
He can swim, but he just sinks to the bottom . Is this SBS(Swim Bladder Syndrom)
or am i wrong??? :(

It maybe or me may just be very stressed what are the water paras?

I cant really say, but ammonia is low, and the PH is seven.

**UPDATE**
He died last night :( When he died, he was still on the floor untill this moring :(
All the others are fine, and i think one is pregnant

Back
Top Bottom