Haps/peacocks w/ mbunas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would really suggest rehoming the jewel cichlids as well. I tried to put one in my mbuna tank that was a full inch larger than any other fish and was very aggressive towards other fish in the tank and he got his butt kicked. He ended up getting his fins and sides shredded in a few days and got a fungal infection as well as fin rot. He lived but he wasn't happy for a month or two afterwards.

I have:
3 red zebras (couldn't tell you the m:f ratio)
3 kenyi (1:2 m:f)
3 johani (1:2m:f)
3 yellow labs (couldn't tell you)
2 albino soccofoli (1:1)
2 jewel cichlids (1:1

You know what's weird is after I moved all the rocks last time my jewels seem to be fairly dominant in the tank, I haven't seen it run from anything in the tank except for the male kenyi when it's on a tirade. However, I haven't seen too much of that since I broke up it's territory a few weeks ago.

You know what's weird is after I moved all the rocks last time my jewels seem to be fairly dominant in the tank, I haven't seen it run from anything in the tank except for the male kenyi when it's on a tirade. However, I haven't seen too much of that since I broke up it's territory a few weeks ago.

I rearrange my decor all the time. Helps with territorial/aggression problems. I have an all male Peacock/hap tank, with a Socolofi, and a Hongi.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have:
3 red zebras (couldn't tell you the m:f ratio)
3 kenyi (1:2 m:f)
3 johani (1:2m:f)
3 yellow labs (couldn't tell you)
2 albino soccofoli (1:1)
2 jewel cichlids (1:1

If those are your numbers then you will need to make some changes. Mbuna are harem breeders and are very hard on the females. With only 2 females per male they are going to take a beating. The minimum recommended number is 4 females per male with some requiring even more.

I purchased a good sized red empress today I saw him and had to have it today. I also tried to balance some of my ratios, I added 2 female albino soccofoli and 2 female kenyi and got talked into 1 male yellow tail acai by my friend.

Yeah my red top is the boss in my tank no matter what i do. I thought it would be my male auratus but no.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks man, probably paid too much at $50 but they had it there it has good color showing and is significantly larger than my mbuna at about the size I wanted so it worked out for me.

So my complete* stocking list is:
1. Red Empress x1 (male)
2. Jewel Cichlid x2 (1:1)
3. Kenyi x5 (1:4)
4. Albino Soccofoli x4 (1:3)
5. Goldfish x1
6. Yellow Tail Acai x1 (male)
7. Yellow lab x3 (unsure probably 1:2)
8. Red zebra x3 (unsure probably 1:2)
9. Johanni x3 (1:2)

Complete* until which time as I need to remove fish or add females upon too much breeding agression.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405815080.113708.jpg
Bad picture quality and taken roughly a week ago. 4' length 12" deep, not sure how tall probably 20-24"

I think you'll do pretty well with your stock then. You overstocked, which helps wead out those aggression problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

That goldfish will be in an outdoor fountain as soon as it's fixed but for now his name is tank "the unphased".

Back
Top Bottom