Hard time finding Cardinal Tetras?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottS

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone else notice this? I've been trying on and off for a couple months to locate some to replenish my tank. I have (6) 5-year olds in my tank. I can't find them at the 3 local shops, and I called a couple places an hour from here, including the place I first got the originals, and no luck. One of the local stores tried to order some and couldn't get any and then this weekend in Chicago, I went to two large stores and both were out and the one store said they were supposed to get some this week but never did. Odd.

Probably out of season, as most are still wild caught.

Bill has the right idea. They aren't in season right now and most of them are wild caught. Neons on the other hand are bred by the millions in captivity with only about 200,000 being taken from the wild annually.

There not in season??

LOL

Just when is the season?? I just picked up 10 ten other day and the store I go to has them year round. FYI $1.19 each.

My LFS still gets them in about every week and he still has trouble keeping them in stock. He once made a joke to me about them. He said that 1/4 of them are D.O.A., 1/4 die in his tanks within the first few days, 1/4 of them are immediately purchased, and the last 1/4 have to be exchanged because the people who bought the cardinal tetras a week earlier killed them.

Back
Top Bottom