Have you ever...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jujubee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Had an idea for stocking your tank and all of a sudden you find this gorgeous fish and have to have them!?....
So you get them and have to figure out a new stocking idea?

That's only happened to me at least 5 times every time I try to stock a tank lol

:) I'm hoping for some funny stories. I don't regret it! And I'm glad I'm not alone!!
What were you thinking of and end up with??

uuhhhmmmm can I plead the fifth? Only about every 10 minutes. I am starting 3 new tanks just so I can play more with more tanks. Maybe 4 I could move my 37 to the bottom of my stand and then add a 65 to the top. Plants in everything!!!!!

You can try to sell the fish before you other species, just remember healty aquarist fishs are better quality than "healty looking" LFS fishs.

I do have 5 tanks but I can't find the heart to get rid of anyone :/ one tank, 20 gal long is empty bc it's cycling atm and I could put him in there but I had other ideas for the stock. He's a half moon betta that I couldn't stop thinking about last night so I went out and saved him. He's dang gorgeous

I don't think I've ever had a stocking plan go as intended. I always end up diverting the plan, or getting another tank to do the original stocking plan in. I'm still waiting to get my next tank to do the original stock in. :p

My problem is I just end up buying another tank for that new fish to go in and the cycle repeats itself!

Ive done this repeatedly. The funniest story I have about it is when I saw south american bumble bee cats that I had to have in my nano tank. Over 100 shrimp and halfish of my fish later I realized it wasnt a great idea.

My problem is I just end up buying another tank for that new fish to go in and the cycle repeats itself!

This is how I feel! I started out with 1 10 gal tank a little over a month ago and now have 5 :O

Ive done this repeatedly. The funniest story I have about it is when I saw south american bumble bee cats that I had to have in my nano tank. Over 100 shrimp and halfish of my fish later I realized it wasnt a great idea.

What happened??

What happened??

Well on a one week vacation the pair of them ate over 100 red cherry shrimp not counting the tiny babies that were also gone. Then when I relocated everyone I realized the fish had also been eaten.

Goodness! I hope you haven't another instance like that.

Well if you are still thinking about getting rid of the dwarf frogs you could but him in there.

Don't get me wrong I want to get rid of my platys and frogs but I can't find the heart to. I made a commitment to them and what if the next person doesn't take good care of them? Of course I wouldn't know but just the fact that they could neglect and even kill the little guys I've been raising...that just doesn't sit well with me

Don't get me wrong I want to get rid of my platys and frogs but I can't find the heart to. I made a commitment to them and what if the next person doesn't take good care of them? Of course I wouldn't know but just the fact that they could neglect and even kill the little guys I've been raising...that just doesn't sit well with me

Could always buy an african leaf fish. Or a crayfish ;)

I'm about to look those suckers up, I have no clue what they are!

Back
Top Bottom