Have your duncans do this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChiTownRomeo

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had these duncans for almost 7 months and it has never closed up like this. I have huge colonies but this perticular bunch has closed up for 3 days now. Tried to entice it with Brine and Mysis and nothing. All my parameters are spot on as I'm diligent on testing. What you guys think?

15x7ml0.jpg

I know that there are some nudibranch species that feed specifically on duncans so the whitish string on the coralite tube makes me wonder if they might be eggs, I only had Duncans once and had them before my tank was established well enough so my experience with then is limited but I wish you the best of luck

I know that there are some nudibranch species that feed specifically on duncans so the whitish string on the coralite tube makes me wonder if they might be eggs, I only had Duncans once and had them before my tank was established well enough so my experience with then is limited but I wish you the best of luck

They have been in my tank for a while now so they are light acclimated and use to the tank. They just started this in the last 2 days. Nothing has changed as far as light or placement. Everything remains the same as far as flow and salt and everything else...

Could it be getting to much flow? They still look ok

They have been in my tank for a while now so they are light acclimated and use to the tank. They just started this in the last 2 days. Nothing has changed as far as light or placement. Everything remains the same as far as flow and salt and everything else...

That string is more of a slime coat they made.

Duncan's do that from time to time. If they don't extend after 24 hours I'd keep a closer eye on it. But if you look at the Duncan, it has color and is growing new heads telling us that it is healthy and thriving. Nothing to worry about, especially not nudibranch.

If you add new chemicals chemi pure or such, can cause them to close up. Nothing to worry about.

Thanks everyone for your advice. I let the skimmer run and came home tonight and there they are :)

24lq93l.jpg

Nice looking Duncan's too. Glad they opened up for you. My hammer and flower pot do that when I clean my tank and change out media.

Back
Top Bottom