heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Is a 100watt heater ok for a 29 gallon tank? It will be in the basement so its cool but still heated. It's fully submergable so I can set it horizontal across the tank if that helps.

Probably be ok but I like to have a bit more power. I recently had White spot (ich) and needed to get my tank up to 85+ to treat it. My 100 watt couldn't manage it so I would go for a 200.

What heater coukd I use in a 56 column? I hate how long the big ones are too. Is there like a small one with big wattage?

Having two smaller heaters is better than one in my opinion. If you had a bigger heater for your tank and had a electrical problem with it then it could fry your fish. Having two smaller ones would also give you a backup in case something was to happen to one of them.

Having two smaller heaters is better than one in my opinion. If you had a bigger heater for your tank and had a electrical problem with it then it could fry your fish. Having two smaller ones would also give you a backup in case something was to happen to one of them.
Then what size would I use for a 56 column if I used 2?

Not sure for a column tank. But as for an example if it takes a 200w heater to heat your tank then you would just get two 100w heaters.

Back
Top Bottom